Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
UC San Diego Health System’s Vascular and Endovascular Surgery specialists offer state-of-the-art diagnostics and care for all types of vascular disease.
Vascular diseases include peripheral artery disease, aneurysms and blocked carotid arteries. These conditions can put a patient at risk for heart attack or stroke. Treatment programs such as medication therapy, lifestyle changes, vascular surgery and endovascular therapy may help avert a life-threatening incident.
Vascular and Endovascular Treatment Options
- Vascular surgery, in which diseased arteries are repaired or replaced using advanced surgical techniques such as artery bypass and grafting.
- Endovascular therapy, a less invasive procedure in which specially designed balloons or stents and other devices are used to treat the affected area.
- Advanced procedures that are available at only a few facilities in the country. These procedures include:
- Surgical treatment of ruptured aortic dissections with endovascular stent grafts
- Open surgical repair of thoracic abdominal aneurysm, especially in patients with Marfan syndrome.
- Limb salvage and function reconstruction – a complex, multidisciplinary process that not only saves a limb from amputation, but restores its function as well.
All of our physicians are board certified in vascular surgery as well as recognized experts in the field of endovascular therapy.
Conditions Treated by Vascular and Endovascular Surgery